THE CONNECTICUT SOCIETY OF THE
SONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
Founded April 2, 1889, our purpose is to keep alive the memory of
men and women who fought or gave service for Independence in the American Revolutionary War.

Home » Historic » Fort Stamford

Fort Stamford

fortstamford.jpg


Description:

It is in the process of being restored by a small group of volunteers named the Fort Stamford Preservation Coalition.

The site was once the location of an earthworks redoubt manned by some 300 men under the command of General David Waterbury. It was in use from 1781 to 1783 and afforded the Americans stationed there a view of the Long Island Sound.

The park is open to the public, volunteers are encouraged to lend a hand with the restoration (by contacting either Dane Pearson @ 203/322-1045 or Rep. Brian O'Neill @ 203/359-4438) and educational programs geared toward fourth grade field trips are in the works.


Address:

900 Westover Rd
Stamford, CT 06902