is the historic site where, on September 6, 1781, British Forces,
commanded by the infamous Benedict Arnold, captured the Fort and
massacred 88 of the 165 defenders stationed there.
The Ebenezer Avery House which sheltered the wounded after the battle has been restored on the grounds.
A Revolutionary War museum also depicts the era.
57 Fort St
Groton, CT 06340